Not much news to report as yet, but I did receive this a few moments ago:
Just a quick update. Derek’s body temperature is back up to normal now.
The fear now is fever. They have to keep a very watchful eye since his temperature is back up a fever could spike, so they have to keep regulating his temperature. Tuesday night he had some good movement in his arms and trying to open his eyes in response to his parents talking to him. Yesterday there wasn’t as much. It’s going to be a very long road……
9:42am Update: Just received word and it’s not good. I guess there is more swelling and they are deciding if they have to do surgery. God be with that family.
9:57am Update: A friend emailed to say that they were taking him down to surgery to decompress the other side of his brain. The understanding was that they were going to take an additional piece of the skull off to relieve the pressure. Apparently, it is not uncommon for them to have to do that; however, they don’t like to see that happen. Keep them in your prayers. It sounds like it’s going to be a roller coaster ride that I definitely would not want to experience. I am in awe of their strength and hope. I can let you know if I hear anything else.