I’m honored to have been nominated for a blogging award from modernmiracleme. That’s not the best part. The best part is that because of her nomination I took the time to scan through some of her posts and have discovered someone whose writing I enjoy. And so I’m now “following” her blog. (I always cringe when saying that I’m following someone in the WordPress world. It sounds like I’m a pseudo-stalker.)
But I (once again) digress. And thank you MMM for the honor of having been nominated by you for the Kreativ Blogger Award.
For this award I am required to share ten things in random order you may not know about me. Then I will have to pass this award on to at least six or more bloggers. I may not hit that number as I am going to have to spend some more time thinking about this. Not because there are none worthy. Au contraire, there are many. I just don’t get to read as many as I’d like.
Anyhow, here are ten things you may not know about me in a completely random hodge-podge order:
1. My favorite Backyardigan is Pablo. Whenever I sing (or dance…shhh!) along with my young ones to this show they always let dad be Pablo. They just know.
2. I believe that the best way to eat fruit is in a pie.
3. There are moments when the Black Dog overtakes me in a sudden and overwhelming wave. It may be bidden by a song, a story, an image or a thought. I’ve learned over the years how to keep him on a leash and keep my head above water so as not to drown. I first wrote of it publically in June of 2005.
4. I used to wish my life had a musical soundtrack and it seemed music was always accompanying me in my brain. As I’ve gotten older I’m grateful that such a thing never happened. I value the still, silent moments and the dialogues of this life much too much. Though I still rock out now and then. Just not in my skivvies anymore because if I did this would more realistically resemble my reality.
5. Now that I think about it, I am a horrible dancer.
6. I voted for Bill Clinton in 1992. So did my buddy who called me that election eve from his dorm in Minnesota where I could hear partying in the background along with the celebratory clinking of champagne glasses. Twenty years later we’ve both grown up. Bill now lives in Hong Kong as an exile (and because his job is located there), and I soldier on the homefront. Neither of us feel we have representation by either party. Champagne, anyone?
7. After a childhood spent getting destroyed at Scrabble and having given up, I thought I was safe. No so, kimosabe…not so. Now there’s Words With Friends, a smartphone app that I’d managed to elude until this past Christmas break. I loaded it. I play. Thirty years later I still suck at Scrabble. Thanks technology!
8. I’ve always wanted to leap from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers with my best girlie by my side. Ok, not really. But I did have a 1st cousin who made his living as a lumberjack.
9. After four decades of devouring heaping mounds of chocolate-frosted sugar bombs and big bowls of ice cream, I had to stubbornly accept the fact that last year I became lactose intolerant. Bye bye Bunny Tracks ice cream. So long Chocolate Marshmallow. (sigh) I still have the occasional bowl of cereal by using rice milk but it just ain’t the same.
10. Red Eye is the only show I regularly DVR and will make time to watch. Greg Gutfeld is such a delightfully witty hobbit. Anything else on Fox, CNN or MSNBC makes me want to move to Hong Kong. I also watch because I’ve got a wee bit ‘o crush on regular guest PAB, or as she’s known on Middle Earth: My Lady Meow Meow, Queen of the Cat People.
In conclusion, I nominate the following bloggers for this award:
I’ll keep thinking and update this post with more nominees accordingly.